Presentations for situation analysis of Children’s Rights in VietNam presented to high-level government officials in VietNam for UNICEF.
Here are some pages from the report.
Fairly robust governance and institutional framework for children’s but implementation remains the key
- 2013 Constitution provides for a wider range of children’s rights and Child Law and other specialized laws enacted in 2011-2015 period have helped bring greater harmony of the legal framework with the CRC albeit some incompatibilities remain
- Strategic planning documents for 2011-2020 period incorporate objectives and targets for specific children’s rights policies and several multi-sectoral & cross-sectoral policies and programs for 2011-2015 address children’s rights and well-being
- Implementation is a challenge as sectoral perspectives & approaches, fragmented or overlapping programming & capacity deficits tends to dilute the focus on children’s issues
Plateauing in the reduction of child & maternal mortality
Need to focus on neonatal period which contributes significantly to child mortality
- Location of most provinces with below national average ANC coverage in the Northern Midlands & Mountains, & the Central Highlands
- >10% of home-deliveries without the attendance of health staff in 10 provinces mainly in Central Highlands and Northern Uplands
- Insufficient information among women and families on the risk of obstetric and newborn complication
Converse with the Future Newsletter
Sign up for our monthly newsletter where we deep dive into digital economy and the work we do at iarani Inc.